ISO certifications are given by the International Organization for Standardization. When you are ISO certified, you are open to more business opportunities. This can help you create a positive brand image for your clients and shareholders. ISO certification also helps businesses to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
One of the most common ISO certifications is ISO 9001. It is the most popular in the ISO 9000 series, and it’s the international standard for quality management. And while it is not a must-have for a business, it can positively affect your brand image and set you apart from your competitors. Another reason why ISO 9001 is common is that it is designed for every business, irrespective of their various fields.
Why Get ISO Certified?
ISO Certification might not be a requirement, but it has many benefits every business can enjoy. Various industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare devices, etc., adopt ISO standards. Many companies will only partner and deal with companies with ISO 9001 certification. ISO certification also builds trust between a business and its clients. For example, if your business is ISO 9001 certified, it means you meet all the requirements needed to improve the quality of your products and customer service.
Steps To Get ISO Certification In Australia
Although there are various ISO Certifications, their processes are pretty similar. Here are the five steps you would need to get an ISO Certification in Australia.
- GAP Analysis: After you have decided on the ISO Certification you need, you need to do a gap analysis to ensure that your business complies with the certification. This is done by identifying the areas your business already meets the requirements and where your business is lacking to improve in those areas.
- Prepare Compliance Documentation: This step is critical because your compliance documentation is what most companies will carefully examine during the review process. Your compliance documentation should include your quality objectives, policies, scope statement, etc. Ensure you give this job to the person that has deep knowledge about your business and how it operates.
- QMS Implementation: This is the most extended phase of getting your ISO certification. This is done by introducing all the new procedures to the team, brainstorming on how these new processes can be improved, preparing instructions for activities that have a high risk or are done occasionally, and preparing and maintaining comprehensive and accurate records of these new processes.
- Auditing and Compliance Verification: You must do an internal and external audit to ensure that your business complies with the ISO certification you want. Auditing is an ongoing process, so you don’t need to do it at once. But ensure that you cover the whole management system. To be safe, get an ISO consultant to do your internal audit.
- Apply For Certification: After you are sure that you have done the above steps, the final step is to apply for the ISO certification. An auditor will be sent to audit your business’s work processes, records, and documentation. The auditor will then identify areas that still need to be worked on. When you have worked on these areas, you will then get your ISO certification.
Ensure that you are ISO compliant before thinking of getting an ISO Certification in Australia. You should provide training for your workers to work through these steps efficiently. To be safe, It is better to get an ISO consultant to help you through the steps listed above. Once your business is compliant with the ISO certification you want, getting it will not be hard.